Tuesday, September 08, 2009

200 No Needle Vasectomies And Counting!


I have been doing the no scalpel vasectomy for 9 years, but about a year or so ago, I started doing a no needle no scalpel vasectomy. The results have been amazing.


I have done 200 of them now. With the no-needle device, I use a tiny amount of local anesthetic--lidocaine. Lidocaine is an acid and stings upon injection. Because the no needle device "injects" such a tiny amount of local, it does not cause any burning. Not one patient has ever complained of burning or stinging from the lidocaine.


The jet injector--which is the needless device used for no needle vasectomies--does not cause any distortion of the anatomy surrounding the vas deferens. As a result, my job, which is to cut the vas deferens, is simplified. The average procedure now takes me less than 20 minutes.


Patients have little anxiety, much less than they had when I was doing a standard vasectomy. Because they are less tense, they tolerate the vasectomy without any problem.


After the procedure, the men just stroll out of the office as if nothing has happened. When I see them back in a month, the men typically report being "100%."


All in all, this is how I'd want my own done.