Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Testosterone Replacement Options

With Testopel on back order until the middle to end of December, I have had to return to plan B for TRT--testosterone replacement therapy.  So what are the options:

  • Topicals: these have been my go to replacement method in Testopel's absence.  While not so easy as Testopel, the topicals are good choices for TRT.  Topicals include Testim, Androgel, and Axiron.  
  • Intramuscular injections: Testosterone cypionate and enanthate fall into this category.  Personally, I don't like to start men on T injections.  For me, T injections are not a viable replacement for Testopel.  
  • Waiting: Some of my patients have opted to wait an extra-month or so for the Testopel.  In these few men, there T levels have been holding.  Interesting.
In any case, Testopel should be back in the next few weeks.  Contact me for more information.

Dr S