Scrotal pain is very common. Here are some causes of this condition:
- Infection, ie of the testicle, the epididymis or both
- Kidney and ureter stones, via referred pain.
- Herniated disks in the nack, again via referred pain.
- Trauma, even mild trauma can produce inflammation and somewhat prolonged pain.
- Torsion. The testicle can twist upon itself and disrupt its blood supply. This is a true urologic emergency.
- Tumors. Most tumors are palpable--can be felt. Sometimes, the only symptom from a testis tumor is pain.